On 18th March 2019 West Lakes Academy will play host to an extremely exciting event: our Leading Learning Conference.
This conference will bring leading speakers from the world of education up to Cumbria to share their knowledge on what the evidence says about what works in education. Key themes covered over the course of the day will be:
- Effective curriculum design
- Closing the disadvantage gap
- Challenging high prior attaining students
- Workforce development
- Literacy and Numeracy
We have designed the programme in such a way that delegates will be able to choose a strand to follow throughout the day as appropriate to their school’s priority. To find out more about the workshops running in each if the strands above, please click on the strand you’re interested in.
To see a draft programme for the day, please click here.
- Amanda Spielman, Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector
- James Richardson, Head of the Research Schools Network
- David Weston, CEO of the Teacher Development Trust and author of Unleashing Great Teaching
- Alex Quigley, Senior Associate at the Education Endowment Foundation and author of The Vocabulary Gap
- Stephen Tierney, CEO of the Blessed Edward Bamber Catholic Multi Academy Trust in Blackpool and author of Liminal Leadership
- Marc Rowland, Head of Rosendale Research School and author of An Updated Practical Guide to the Pupil Premium
- Alistair Smith, educational trainer, designated learning consultant to the Football Association and author of High Performers: The Secrets of Successful Schools
- Professor Debra Myhill, Director of the Centre for Research in Writing at Exeter University and author of Grammar for Writingand Essential Primary Grammar
- Megan Dixon, Director of Research and Development at the Aspirer Teaching Alliance, specialising in early years literacy acquisition
- Dr Rebecca Montacute, Research Fellow at The Sutton Trust and author of Potential for Success
- Katy Chedzey, Chartered College of Teaching
- Matthew Hood, Institute for Teaching
- Jane Elsworth, Huntington Research School
- Kate Wilson, Trinity Academy Halifax
- Rob Petrie & Amy Forrester, Cockermouth School
- Abby Deeks & Melissa Relph, West Lakes Academy
- Simon Cox, Blackpool Research School
- Tina Beddoe& Mark Hazzard, Ellen Teaching School Alliance
- Stuart Mathers, Education Endowment Foundation
- Andy, Linda & Gareth, Whitley Bay High School
- Marcus Jones, Huntington Research School
- Sarah Wilson & Kate Case, Trinity Academy, Halifax
- Louise Quinn, Shotton Hall Research School
- Phil Naylor, Blackpoool Research School
Our conference is aimed at Head teachers and teachers responsible for leading learning across their settings. It is our aim is that as many schools as possible have access to this fabulous opportunity and that this conference and the legacy work that follows it will make a lasting difference to the learning of children across Cumbria.
We hope that you are as excited as us about the Leading Learning Conference. For more information drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01946 820356.