SUBJECT KNOWLEDGE ENHANCEMENT
Thursday 21st March
Westlakes Science and Technology Park
What can you expect?
This event is designed for both primary and secondary school teachers who are interested in further developing their teaching of mathematics.
It will cover:
- Introduction to disengagement with mathematics and causes
- Possible solutions: TIRED and ALIVE models in a spectrum of students. Development of mathematical resilience
- Communication and understanding: mentoring, coaching and facilitation
- Experiential game example. Example of facilitation model: Greenaway’s 4 suits
- Davide’s experience with games in schools and preliminary findings
- If time allows: mathematics anxiety and coping strategies: the Senninger’s model, the hand-brain model
This training will be subsidised by The University of Central Lancashire and West Lakes Teaching School and is therefore free to all delegates.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for a place on this course, please complete the application form and return it to West Lakes Teaching School Alliance via email: TSA@westlakesacademy.org.uk
All applications must be received before Friday 15th March.
Places on this course will be limited to ensure a high quality experience for all participants . Applications will be handled on a first come, first served basis