The internship programme will run for four weeks from Monday 15th June to Friday 10th July 2020. Interns will need to be able to attend every day during this period.
Interns will be placed in one of the following west Cumbrian schools and will spend four days a week working with the science or mathematics department in that school:
All interns, no matter their placement school, will spend one day a week at West Lakes Academy learning about the professional skills and standards of a teacher and finding out more about how to apply to train to teach.
During the programme, interns will have the opportunity to:
- gain classroom experience, for example by assisting with lessons and providing subject support to students
- shadow experienced teachers and observe lessons
- receive one-to-one guidance from outstanding classroom teachers
- help with experiments and laboratory work
- visit a local primary school
- network with qualified subject specialists
- shadow a tutor group and engage in extra-curricular activities
The Teacher Internship programme is part of the Department for Education’s Paid Teacher Internship scheme: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/school-experience/paid-internships